In an attempt to keep better track of what happens in the garden, a new weekly note-to-self.
- 1.5 rows of turnips in SE bed.
- 2 rows pak choi in SW bed.
- 1 row chard in NE bed.
- Handful of mustard greens in NW bed (I think... it was only yesterday and already struggling to remember!).
- Mint cuttings and nasturtiums in box on front doorstep.
- Nasturtiums in box by back door.
- Strawberry runners into a little pot.
I made labels from takeaway cartons with permanent marker for all of these except the mustard greens.
- Two courgettes.
- Handful of chard.
- Handful of salad leaves a couple of times.
- Handful of baby carrots.
- Moved tomatoes from polystyrene box to SE bed by fence, as they weren't doing very well.
- Pulled out a bunch of gone-to-seed rocket to make room for turnips and chard.
- Misc weeding.
- Moved chilli pepper from living-room windowsill to outside back door in hope that it will do a bit better.
- Sorted out water butt / drainpipe diverter which wasn't functioning at its best.
To do over next week:
- Water plenty during the hot weather!
- Thin out lettuce some more before it goes to seed.
- Dig/set in border of long west bed properly.